Main Forum

Staff Application: ShowUp

7 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
What is your in-game name, and Discord username?What is your in-game name, and Discord username?
My Minecraft Username is ShowUp, and discord is ShowUp#0001

What is your time zone?What is your time zone?
I am currently in Flordia, USA. Which is in the Eastern Standard Time Timezone.

When are you available?

When are you available?
I can be online about 6 hours on weekdays, 8 hours on weekends. I try my very best to maximize playing time as I like to dedicate myself to the server

What is your In-Game Rank?What is your In-Game Rank?
I currently do not have a rank as of 2/4/2019.

When did you first start playing Minecraft?When did you first start playing Minecraft?
I started playing minecraft since 2014.

What experiences do you have moderating a community or game?What experiences do you have moderating a community or game?
At the time of submitting this application I have owned 3 servers (that have averaged 10
players), Been Co-Owner on a server, and been a Moderator on a different server. I am very
knowledgeable with running servers and how to react in certain situations. I know how it is
to run a server, so if there are any issues with anything, you can count on me.

Why do you want to become a member of the staff team?Why do you want to become a member of the staff team?
I would like to become staff for many reasons. I am not staff on any server and yours
seems awesome. I would like to help your server as much as I physically can and help you
expand. I would like to try my best to help people. I really
wanna develop more as a staff member, and as a person.

Who are you? (Just a brief introduction!)Who are you? (Just a brief introduction!)
My name is Christopher, I am 16 years old. I like playing minecraft, hanging out with friends, and just enjoying life.

What is your Age?What is your Age?
I am currently 16 years old.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
I would consider my greatest strength as a staff member is my experience and eager to
want to help the server as much as possible. I am very experienced in the server owning
industry and want to help people grow as much as possible
I would consider my greatest weakness my time management, I could sometimes forget to
keep track of time and for example keep playing on your server for hours when I have stuff
to do. I as a person in entirety have been trying to improve that.
Posted Feb 4, 19 · OP
Owner
Votes:
+6
Admins
Owner
Hey, there's something wrong with your format, it's duplicated. But don't worry about that, it's not much. Your application isn't too bad! You've correctly answered every question, hence is why I don't have much to add.

The only thing I worry about is that you've joined and immediately asked if you could be staff. It just seemed too quick for me. But I give you a chance. I can't immediately move you to Admin or Developer, you would be starting off at Helper. What do you mean with Developer btw? Plugins? Configuration? Let me hear that from you.

I will wait for more input from my fellow staff members.

Thank you for taking your time to make this application,
~ Muijf
Posted Feb 6, 19 · Last edited Feb 6, 19
[Staff] ED_JAME5
ED_JAME5 @ SurvivalMC
Staff
Votes:
+3
Staff
Hello ShowUp, I can see you put a fair amount of time into this application and that you have impressive qualifications undoubtedly. However, I indefinitely concur with Muijf that this was an unusual hastily request to acquire Admin or Developer status. My advice would be to take it slow; check out what our server has to offer, dive into our rules and features and get to know the community. With that kind of standing with our players, I would be happy to see you start as a helper on our staff team. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best Regards,
~Ed
Posted Feb 6, 19
Votes:
Untagged users
Muijf wrote:
Hey, there's something wrong with your format, it's duplicated. But don't worry about that, it's not much. Your application isn't too bad! You've correctly answered every question, hence is why I don't have much to add.

The only thing I worry about is that you've joined and immediately asked if you could be staff. It just seemed too quick for me. But I give you a chance. I can't immediately move you to Admin or Developer, you would be starting off at Helper. What do you mean with Developer btw? Plugins? Configuration? Let me hear that from you.

I will wait for more input from my fellow staff members.

Thank you for taking your time to make this application,
~ Muijf

Hey, by developer I mean alot of things. Some things I can do is troubleshoot server issues, configure plugins, and code bots (discord only as of now)
Posted Feb 7, 19 · OP
Votes:
Untagged users
ED_JAME5 wrote:
Hello ShowUp, I can see you put a fair amount of time into this application and that you have impressive qualifications undoubtedly. However, I indefinitely concur with Muijf that this was an unusual hastily request to acquire Admin or Developer status. My advice would be to take it slow; check out what our server has to offer, dive into our rules and features and get to know the community. With that kind of standing with our players, I would be happy to see you start as a helper on our staff team. I look forward to seeing you around!

Best Regards,
~Ed

Hey, thanks for the feedback! I was wanting to apply for staff so hastily because when I asked how many staff members you guys currently had on the team, Muijf responded with 4, which is not alot in my opinion.
Posted Feb 7, 19 · OP
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
From what i've seen you did basically apply as soon as you join but it was posted a few days ago as of posting this and i have seen you on and playing so i believe that issue is sorted. Other than that you have paid great detail in this application and it seems clear that you have experience being staff.

Good luck
~Slimey
Posted Feb 9, 19
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
Thanks For the Reply :d
Posted Feb 9, 19 · OP
Owner
Votes:
+6
Admins
Owner
Congratulations! You've been accepted as Helper! Good to have you in our team :)

Thread closed for further replies.
Posted Feb 9, 19
Top Posters
21 Posts
9 Posts
5 Posts
NoticeNotices